This article will guide you how to add a new appliance product for use. If you don't know how to get to the Add Appliance wizard, click here.
Add Appliance wizard
- Select the Brand from the list.
- If the Brand doesn't appear, scroll down and select "More brand options" to expand the list.
- If it still doesn't appear, select "Add a new brand."
Add a new product by clicking the button.
Fill out the details on this screen.
- Enter Model number*
- Enter the Product name or description.
- Click Save
*Our advise is to copy this information directly from the Manufacturers website, to maintain the integrity of your entry.
- Specify a unit price for the appliance if you are supplying it, or leave it as $0.00 if it has been purchased elsewhere, by the customer.*
- Change the quantity if there are more than 1 in the room.
- Then click Save
*This is used primarily if you are producing a printed quote from qiitp.
- Tick if manufacturer specifies Heat shields.
NB. This doesn't mean you are ordering heat shields. Heat shields could be as simple as melamine fillers.
- Fill the Power, Height, Width and Depth fields based on the appliance specifications.
- Copy and paste the Specification URL/link from the address bar in your web browser. Please click here for advise on what is an acceptable level of detail for a link.
If you could not find a website, but instead have a file to upload, please continue reading.
- Tick Remember details for future use.
The appliance is now complete and added to the room. If you are missing valuable information, a bold exclaimation mark will appear. Click on it to find out more.
- If you could not locate a satisfactory webpage with details and instead have a file to upload, click the Cloud under the Drawing title. Go to next step.